Sunday, April 8, 2007

#2 Urban Greenfingers


This easter break has been the most relaxing holiday I have had in Hong Kong ever! My boyfriend and I went to the flower market in Mong Kok to get a new plant for our new flat. But instead, I came back with a new hobby - I found a new love for cacti! I discovered cacti don't have to be prickly like the Saguaro cactus which are most commonly found in many western films.
In fact, I have been reading up about the plants that I bought and they are most likely to be succulents. In short, both cacti and succulent belong to the same family. Generally, succulents don't have prickly thorns but they are recognisable because their leaves are bloated in appearance. Aloe Vera is one of these. Now, my next step is to find out their names. Does anyone know what this plant is called?

No comments: